RIP N52

RIP N52

Postby HillbilliesRule » Sat May 31, 2014 9:13 am

Way back in the beginning of this century I bought a Belkin N50 Speedpad. They soon released it's upgrade which exists to this day in some form, the N52 Speedpad. When I bought it, I got 2, because...well I'm still in the Army mindset that 2 is one and 1 is none. After roughly 12 years of faithful service that first N52 has finally been retired. All the buttons still work (though the D-pad has developed a squeak when pushed left) and it still does what it should but it has been so polished with use over the years that it is slicker than snot on a doorknob and I wanted the textured feel under the palm back. I unboxed that old school but brand new N52 and...WOW it's nice. It's actually nicer than the new and supposedly improved Razer versions of this hardware. The buttons are not backlit but they are sooo much better in terms of feel and the software is still VASTLY superior than anything they have for the Razer versions even to this day.

What does all this diarrhea of the keyboard mean? I have no idea, I just wanted to talk about my retired N52, and who else in this world but you guys would even understand that? I killed Timinator with that speedpad for crying out loud. I may frame it, so there!
Necroluvin
HAKD
HillbilliesRule

Re: RIP N52

Postby Halifax » Sat May 31, 2014 1:39 pm

I still haven't picked one of these up yet. I want to, but I also need a bigger desk for all my new periphals. I have a joystick/throttle, 360 controller, mouse and keyboard, and it feels cluttered now.
Halifax

Re: RIP N52

Postby Axeljacobs » Sat May 31, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm still using my original N52 as well. I've had it since the beginning of SWG.. SWG was the first game I used a gamepad on and i've never turned back. Love the orange/grey/black speedpad. I don't like the razor version AT ALL. So I'm hoping this baby never dies on me. The scroll wheel already doesn't work and i've taken it apart twice for minor repairs.
Zoid
Axeljacobs

Return to General Board